Effective Date: June 7, 2019.
Notice of Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information We Collect
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you by itself or when it is combined with other information, such as a name, address, cell phone number, account information, financial, insurance, credit card information, or e-mail address.
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including through a registration form, by you filling in forms or submitting information on the Services, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
In order to use certain aspects of our Services, we may require you to complete a registration form, which may require you to provide certain Personal Information and create a user name and password. Upon registering for our Services, additional information may be automatically generated such as preferences you indicate.
We may also provide you with the opportunity to provide additional information and/or suggestions to us. In connection with any such submissions, you agree to give truthful information (such as name and email address).
We also collect and process Non-Personal Information that cannot identify you either alone or in combination with other information, such as your general location and use of our products, features, and Services that is automatically generated when you use the Services. We collect this information through the use of third-party service providers, including, without limitation, the following:
- Mixpanel (Mixpanel’s opt-out feature can be accessed by clicking here)
- Google Analytics (information on how Google Analytics uses your information can be accessed by clicking here)
Device Identifiable Information
When you use our Websites, we may collect, receive, and record information on our server logs that is linked to your computer or device ("Device Identifiable Information"). We collect Device Identifiable Information from you in the normal course of operating our Websites. When you visit each of our Websites, we may collect information about your computer that your browser sends, such as the Internet domain and Internet protocol (IP) address (which is stored by Pera Labs when you register with Pera Labs), your login information, browser type, operating system, date and time of page views, the particular web pages accessed, your login information, and, if you linked to our Website from another website, the address of that other website.
As it relates to your mobile device, we may collect additional information such as the type and model, operating system (e.g., iOS, Android), carrier name, mobile browser (e.g., Chrome, Safari), applications using our Website, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID (AAID), or unique device identifier (a number uniquely given to your device by your device manufacturer), sometimes referred to as a mobile carrier ID.
We may also collect your location information, such as your zip code or the approximate geographic area provided by your Internet service provider (ISP) or location positioning information provided by the location services and GPS features of your mobile device when location services have been enabled.
Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties who may also provide us information regarding you, including your Personal Information, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies.
Some of the Personal Information received by Pera Labs in connection with the Services may be provided by health care providers that are subject to laws and regulations, such as rules issued under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 ("HITECH"), that govern providers’ use and disclosure of certain individually identifiable health-related Personal Information ("Protected Health Information").
Although the Device Identifiable Information and Non-Personal Information that we collect, including the Device Identifiable Information that is not linked to your mobile device, does not identify you personally, there is a risk that third parties who receive such information from us may be able to re-identify you through other information they gather.
You can choose not to provide us with any of the information described above or requested by Pera Labs, but by doing so, you may not be able to take advantage of many of the features and functionality of our Services.
How We May Use or Disclose Your Information
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To deliver the Services to you;
- Identification and authentication of a user;
- Provision of Service functionality (such as, where applicable, patient reports);
- Improvements to the Services and related products and services;
- Research and reporting and analysis of aggregated, anonymous data;
- IP addresses may be used for various research purposes, and/or delivering customized functionality;
- We use Personal Information, such as your browser version, IP address, referring domains, pages visited, your device and application IDs, the nature of your use of the Services, and cookie information, to improve the delivery of our Services and related products and services, and to develop analytics and aggregated data that allow us and our business partners to utilize our Services and reach out to you via our Services or otherwise;
- To conduct our business and perform related research, develop analytics, and aggregated data that allow us and our business partners to improve our Services and related products and services;
- With your permission, to contact you about products and services in which you have expressed interest;
- To ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To correspond with you (including to notify you about changes to the Services), as described in the "Communications from Us" section below.
We may share your information in the following ways:
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with select third parties. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with Personal Information. We may use and publicize aggregate information in any manner that does not identify you, without your consent.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Personal Information we collect from you without your consent, except as described below:
- We may share aggregated data to conduct our business, improve the delivery of our Services, to develop analytics, and to enable us and our business partners to improve and promote our products and services.
- We may share Personal Information made available by users in public areas, such as any message boards or blogs we make available as part of our Services, for purposes related to marketing products, services, special deals, and promotions offered by us or one of our partners.
- We may share Personal Information to authorized agents or third-party contractors whom we employ to perform tasks on our behalf and to the extent we need to share information with them to conduct our business or to provide our products, services, and offers to you.
- We may disclose Personal Information in the circumstances described under "Legal Disclaimer" below.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
We keep your Personal Information only for as long as we continue to have a business purpose for it.
If you cease using the Services, we will keep your Personal Information in a form that allows identification of your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes (or as otherwise required by law).
Communications from Us and Other Third Parties
When you send email or other communications to Pera Labs, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our Services and related products and services. When you send and receive messages, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages.
We may send you information by email on products, services, special deals, and promotions offered by us or one of our partners. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with such information where you have consented for us to do.
With your permission, we may share your information with our marketing partners and other third parties so that they may contact you directly regarding products, services, special deals, and promotions. We are not responsible for how these third parties may use your information, and such uses are subject to their own policies.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
Out of respect for your privacy, we will also provide an option not to receive these types of communications. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Related Announcements
We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Based upon the Personal Information you provide us, we may send you a welcome email to verify your username and password. We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preference. You may contact customer service at email@example.com.
We may disclose the information we collect from you in the following circumstances:
- As required by law;
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety;
- To comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or the Services;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Pera Labs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- In connection with any other actual or proposed corporate transaction or insolvency proceeding involving all or part of the business or assets to which the information pertains. Those who choose to provide Personal Information from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. By using the Services, you consent to having any Personal Information you provide to us transferred to and processed in the United States. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Where Your Personal Information Is Stored
All information you provide to us online is stored on our secured servers which are located in the United States. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Pera Labs is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your information stored by us. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to restrict access to Personal Information to those of our employees, agents, contractors, or representatives who require access to such information to perform tasks assigned to them by us.
We use reasonable security efforts to protect the data in our possession. However, no method of transmission or storage of data is 100% secure and we will not be responsible for any damage that results from a security breach of data or the unauthorized access to or use of information, whether Personal Information or Device Identifiable Information. To the extent we provide your Personal Information to any third parties, we will request that they use reasonable security measures to protect your information. If you create copies of information from the Services, we cannot protect the security and privacy of the information contained in such copies.
All data gathered by our Websites and Services are stored by us in a password-protected database. Only we and our hosting provider, if any, have access to this database. We will protect Personal Information provided to us by using security safeguards against loss, theft, access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Although we and our hosting providers implement standard security protections, the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the physical or electronic security of the servers and databases on which the Services are hosted.
Changing Your Information
If you wish to change any of your Personal Information that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may correct or update it using the Services or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Third Party Links
Information You Post to Public Areas or Provide to Us
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make Personal Information or other private information available in public areas for viewing by third parties online (for example, on blogs, discussion forums, or other community posting or social networking sites), such information can be seen, collected, and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at 102 W Service Rd 369, Champlain, NY 12919. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine The Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. Under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a request once during any calendar year.
Our Services are not directed to people under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to remove such information from our systems and terminate the applicable account. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services and Website are based in the United States, and operate under United States Law. We make no representation that information provided by the Website or Services is appropriate or available for use outside the United States or complies with laws outside of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, the information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States and in other countries where the privacy laws may not be the same as the laws where you reside. Those who choose to access the Website or Services from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations outside the United States. By using the Website or Services, you hereby consent to having any information you provide to us transferred to and processed in the United States.